2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Vibration help

Quote Originally Posted by corvius View Post
    Some of the mounts were under spec. i put them to 41ft lbs. Marginal difference, not sure if there was a placebo effect or not. So I'm still open to suggestions
    This is sad but it is the path I'm on. My bike is an 08 US model. It didn't make 2000 miles since the last cut (wire) trim and the vibes are back, The coil wires appear to have a manufacture date of 2007 imprinted on the wire not the cover glued on the wire. I have ordered Fleebay coils, wires, and caps from a pre 07 bike. This gives me the option of using these or cannibalizing one of the sets to install my own wires. Something must give as I can totally tell when the wires induce this issue. Mine starts at 4K and goes to the end. Most noticeable in the seat, then to a lesser extent bars, and pegs. Its like no other vibe so I know its the ignition as it runs great. The new used parts appear to look good so I may just swap them in as is and see what it does whit NO other changes - i.e. plugs or caps. Just drop them in as all the caps tightened down firm.

I'll keep you posted as I'm in the same boat.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I don't know if your exhaust is stock or not but it can get all bound up and induce a small amount of vibes into the chassis. Still, its a drop in the bucket compared to what the ignition can do.
    - Tighten the header bolts at the head

Loosen the following:
    - header rear mount
    - mid pipe clamps top, bottom, and frame mount
    - rear muffler hanger

Wiggle the midpipe, get the header loose at the rear hanger where it points up to midpipe and then snug up that mount.
    Wiggle the muffler so its free and able to find its happy spot.
    Tighten the LOWER Clamp at the header
    Tighten the frame mount
    Tighten the muffler
    Tighten the midpipe to muffler clamp.

The goal here is to confirm that none of the exhaust is bound rigid against a mount as it induces vibes into the chassis. All mounts should be centered so the exhaust can grow when its hot. It does move.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    This is sad but it is the path I'm on. My bike is an 08 US model. It didn't make 2000 miles since the last cut (wire) trim and the vibes are back, The coil wires appear to have a manufacture date of 2007 imprinted on the wire not the cover glued on the wire. I have ordered Fleebay coils, wires, and caps from a pre 07 bike. This gives me the option of using these or cannibalizing one of the sets to install my own wires. Something must give as I can totally tell when the wires induce this issue. Mine starts at 4K and goes to the end. Most noticeable in the seat, then to a lesser extent bars, and pegs. Its like no other vibe so I know its the ignition as it runs great. The new used parts appear to look good so I may just swap them in as is and see what it does whit NO other changes - i.e. plugs or caps. Just drop them in as all the caps tightened down firm.

I'll keep you posted as I'm in the same boat.

Non-conductive silicone and compression fitting:

Returning to Original Thread..... CLICK! More details and pictures. Coils Replaced!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

4. Thanks buzzbomb thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fz6r has 2000 miles on it, do you think the loose caps could be an issue??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789