Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibration help

Stephen ingham (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Vibration help

If it helps i am 46, in good health and about 5ft 10in tall and of slim build.....?

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen ingham View Post
    If it helps i am 46, in good health and about 5ft 10in tall and of slim build.....?
    Same height, 32" inseam and FZ1 Bars, lever angle adjusted, Brake and Shifter adjusted down. All this stuff matters for comfort...

Throw your hands out like three times resting them on the bars. Notice the natural position of your hands. Now grip the the grips. If the angle changes. you may need bars with less sweep back. Hint FZ1 are more straight.

Ronayers.com boats.net FZ1 bars for $35

FZ6R bars are more straight but with rise of FZ6 bars.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

3. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300, Erci, motojoe122 thanked for this post
    Howie Mandel's evil twin Vibration help Erci's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Same height, 32" inseam and FZ1 Bars, lever angle adjusted, Brake and Shifter adjusted down. All this stuff matters for comfort...

Throw your hands out like three times resting them on the bars. Notice the natural position of your hands. Now grip the the grips. If the angle changes. you may need bars with less sweep back. Hint FZ1 are more straight.

Ronayers.com boats.net FZ1 bars for $35

FZ6R bars are more straight but with rise of FZ6 bars.
    +1 @ bar advice. Both of the above are steel and re-use original bar ends. Any aftermarket aluminum bar, while giving you a much better ergonomics, will introduce more vibration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grips puppy for sure reduces about 10-20% of vibration and it feels good too. Love it! FYI: Use air gun when installing it, no soap.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    All excellent answers above. FZ6 is a buzzy bike by nature, so grip puppies help a bunch for sure. One questions which hasn't been covered: do you already have an aftermarket bar on yours?

If you do and it is aluminum.. that'll send a lot more vibes to your hands.
    Q? Having spent time on both, are you saying the FZ is more of a BUZZ than the R6?
    Neither run a balance shaft and both engines are still pretty much the same.

That said, I can state that there were two 400 miles trips on the Fizzer that nearly killed me. Hence the reason I went after a cure and a FIX for the vibrations. Mind you, the bike ran/runs flawlessly so ANYONE thinking it should run bad = "ignition problem" is MISTAKEN!

After correcting chain alignment, chain lube (all products are NOT equal), ignition issue w/the the spark plug caps, well it totally changed the comfort level. I have no need for grip pups once you address the actual issue.

I've ridden 3 others (FZ6) and mine has the least vibes of them all IMO.
    PS - my grips are thin and sticky so if it has a vibe you'll feel it.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

7. Thanks Erci thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Q? Having spent time on both, are you saying the FZ is more of a BUZZ than the R6?
    Neither run a balance shaft and both engines are still pretty much the same.
    Well.. I've never ridden my R6 on the road.. all track.. and longest session was 30 minutes, so I cannot give you a direct comparison. It's nothing like doing 8-9 hours in the saddle with only 3-4 short breaks.

BUT.. R6 doesn't have heavy bar ends, yet it seems to have a lot less vibes at the bar.

9. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    Well.. I've never ridden my R6 on the road.. all track.. and longest session was 30 minutes, so I cannot give you a direct comparison. It's nothing like doing 8-9 hours in the saddle with only 3-4 short breaks.

BUT.. R6 doesn't have heavy bar ends, yet it seems to have a lot less vibes at the bar.
    R6 has clipons, not bars so I guess there is a completly different topic here.

11. Thanks Erci, TownsendsFJR1300 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

That's why I referenced the WHOLE BIKE as buzz... Mine has been bad at times and compared to other bikes its buzz free after some TLC!

If I had to guess there are MANY affected by the loose spark plug cap BUZZ (harmonic buzz) that nearly gives a person roids on a day long trip. That said, many can be fixed and at least 30++ have commented that fixing the loose wire into the spark plug cap has fixed the vibe they thought the BIKE WAS MEANT to have.

Thankfully when I grabbed mine used with 4k on the clock it was not a buzzer. So I knew something changed under my ownership. That gave inspiration to find and solve the issue mine had.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

13. Thanks Erci thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
    R6 has clipons, not bars so I guess there is a completly different topic here.
    Nope.. same topic, in my opinion. Clip-ons or bars.. doesn't matter. It's something mounted to the fork (be it via top clamp or directly to fork legs). Whatever vibes bike produces still get transmitted to what you're holding on to.
    The clip-ons on my R6.. they're not like newer style which mount to nothing, but fork legs. They sit around the fork legs, but are also mount to top clamp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've meant is the fact that clipons are shorter so the vibration will be smaller too. But I quess You're right.

16. Thanks Erci thanked for this post

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast