Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best investment EVER R6 Forks! Rides so Nice......

I used 10W.

2. Thanks mdfb42 thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pascal1973 View Post
    I used 10W.
    I used 10W also. . .
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quick post - went for a 2 up ride and for anyone doubting this was worth every penny once again this totally confirmed it! Stable, smooth, predictable, no face plants, none of that bucking where the nose dives and the back comes up or rocking horse action over the rough terrain.

And again the bottom line, its simply safer in how it rides. Turn in is great and braking in the corners no longer has me changing my line from nose dive and other acts of squirrellyness. . . .
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Another quick post -
    Average suspension range of use is 2.35" over smooth terrain which this includes heavy braking.

I recall hitting a rather large bump at speed which appears to have used about 3.75"

These have 4.8" vs stock of 5.1".

Oil: Needs 5wt. . .
    As for two posts up, If I pull them for any reason - I'm putting 5wt oil back in that as the range of adjustment is too close to the end meaning they are too stiff with 10wt.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i really want the adjustablity of preload in the front! right now im just running hyperpro progressive springs w/ 15w oil theyre pretty good but i doubt its as good as the r6 forks! i check my sag 4 days ago while the bike was cold and in the front its 27mm way to tight unless i measured wrong
    - Anthony

2005 FZ6- Sold
    2009 KLX250SF
    2010 Vulcan 900 Classic

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QwickFliCk View Post
    i really want the adjustablity of preload in the front! right now im just running hyperpro progressive springs w/ 15w oil theyre pretty good but i doubt its as good as the r6 forks! i check my sag 4 days ago while the bike was cold and in the front its 27mm way to tight unless i measured wrong
    What is your spring rate? An you could chop the tube a bit to drop it into the 30's. . . .
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the conversion for the last few rides with total around 500 miles. The roads are all twisties and hills with mixture of chip n seal/ concrete south of I-44 in Missouri to Arkansas. The setup is night and day. I ride with a fairly aggressive group. No knee dragging but at least 30MPH over on turns. Turns are no longer insecure when you hit the slightest bump. I left all stock internals but changed oil with 10W. With gear I weight about 200#. The forks are shorter than OEM about 1" I believe. I utilized dako81 kit for the fenders and brakes. Great setup he offers and it makes the job go great. Every bump is noticed but no longer the quick long stroke dive as the OEM provided at breaking. At constant high speed over 80 you do get a buzz in the bars. But I do use FZ1 bars and will probably put weights in them. I feel the bike sits more nose down which as a result makes you one with the tank.

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Rider Adjustments. . .

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    After another ride I'll have to admit that it takes a tad more effort to turn in. I thought it was me but now I'm pretty sure the nose is higher than with the saggy springs and I likely need to push the forks up 4 to 8mm so it falls in nicely. This could compromise high speed stability tho and its butter smooth at 85. Perhaps I'll wait for the new tires to be mounted (BT-16s)?! Although its easy enough to slide the tubes.

Finally started playing with the fork height. 8mm above the triple is great for twisties and makes the bike INCREDIBLY RESPONSIVE! Like a quick toss from side to side is effortless! She becomes very nimble and you can weave your way around nearly anything with little to no effort what so ever. I fear at higher speed and rough terrain this may be a bit much but 4mm wasn't enough so perhaps the sweet spot is 6mm and I'll fall back a touch.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

10. Thanks pascal1973 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found 6mm to be the sweet spot.

12. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Funny a tiny little change like that IS noticeable!!! And the two's of us are on the same page!!!

Did you find something unfavorable at #'s >6 and 8? High speed issues perhaps?
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast