Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Best investment EVER R6 Forks! Rides so Nice......

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    This is something I should look into!! I like the write up!

Does the FZ-6 Trippel work with the R6 Forks and what about the hub bolts?
    Take a look here and do some reading. I saved several links and added info about what I found and did to get this together.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...tml#post461560

Triple = yes, most all R6/R6S bolt in as long as not inverted w/radial mount calipers.
    Hub = needs special spacers
    Fender = R6 and 120/60 front tire OR buy the kit to adapt FZ fender w/120/70 tire
    Axle = needs R6 axle

That's about it - read up.
    Last edited by FinalImpact; 06-01-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: 600riders
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

2. Thanks gstephen70 thanked for this post
    Old-School Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the R6 forks are quite the mod, aren't they?

And for us 2004-2006 owners, the brake upgrade over our crappy stock brakes make it an even better deal!

I went with a firmer fork oil when I did the swap, but have to fess us that I haven't changed the settings on the forks since I did the initial setup. Maybe if I ever do another track day with the bike I'd fool with it, but I like the settings that I have now.

Now, if I could only score an inexpensive adjustable rear shock that works on our bikes....
    ----------------------------------
    JimE
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150203014451/http://jrevans.fbody.com/fz6

4. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

After another ride I'll have to admit that it takes a tad more effort to turn in. I thought it was me but now I'm pretty sure the nose is higher than with the saggy springs and I likely need to push the forks up 4 to 8mm so it falls in nicely. This could compromise high speed stability tho and its butter smooth at 85. Perhaps I'll wait for the new tires to be mounted (BT-16s)?! Although its easy enough to slide the tubes.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by visions View Post
    By far the best upgrade I've done.

Two questions,

1. Do you notice instability at 100mph+ (I did but then lowered my forks a little and it helped, I think my wheel may need to be balanced)

2. Is your brake lever much harder to squeeze? Mine is, but my pads before were almost done so I'm sure they were easier to squeeze than normal
    Haven't broke that barrier - 85 was very stable!
    08 had no brake hardware change, but the bikes stability allows for a absolute maximum braking application!
    > Read above - ". . . I had the tire at a slow roll with smoke coming off it and I didn't feel like we as a unit were going to face plant! My braking distance was short and effective!. . ."
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Professional test dummy yamihoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also LOVE my R6 forks on the front, they are just smoother all over, highway, gravel, dirt, sand, mud, crappy back roads, they soak up everything better and make the bike much happier on all terrain.

I have found that my front end gets some shakes at over 100, but I rarely go that fast for more then a second or two while passing or something.
    2007 Fz1- stock as a block
    2002 R1- SOLD
    2005 JDM FZ6- custom exhaust, co mod, duel headlight mod, 17t front sprocket, airbox cutout, R6 front forks, R6 calipers, ss HEL lines, integrated signals, frame sliders, 50k Smiles!
    1995 YZF600R- SOLD
    1965 Mustang- SOLD
    2000 Mustang GT- 4.6 Windsor,,l.s. 3.73s ( Cobra DOHC BUILT TT swap in the works)

8. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the forks 6mm up through the triple, she will turn a lot easier, and you'll have no high speed stability problems. You might up front-tyre pressure a bit too.

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Best investment EVER R6 Forks! Rides so Nice......

To answer some of the above - stability into the triple digits seems better than before. Especially in the corners. See Title for the Facts!

Again - I wish to thank all of you who went before me and took the time to write up how to do this! Very Helpful!!!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pascal1973 View Post
    Try the forks 6mm up through the triple, she will turn a lot easier, and you'll have no high speed stability problems. You might up front-tyre pressure a bit too.

I've had mine flush, at 5mm and 8mm same problem (it gets better at 8 but starts to really change the steering when i go past there)

Any other suggestions guys? I think I'm gonna take it to a local shop and get the wheel rebalanced (even though its new and 'balanced') to see if that helps
    what do you mean i can't use the bike lane?

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Shaking and unstable are two different things. You might throw down some details or start a new thread. For that matter pop up the search and peak about, there are some active threads now. Unstable, is not enough info to help anyone solve anything so tell us something.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

13. Thanks visions thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question...What fork oil weight did you use in your R6 forks?
    ATGATT
    I'm a sore loser, therefore I choose to win
    Control the controllable

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast