Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What windscreen do you use?

Voters
518. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamaha touring screen

73 14.09%
  • Puig Racing screen (aka double bubble)

191 36.87%
  • Puig Touring screen

48 9.27%
  • CalSci (S, M, L) (S2)

11 2.12%
  • Givi DS Profile screen (S1&2)

19 3.67%
  • Cee Bailey (S2)

19 3.67%
  • MRA screen (add sub-type)

13 2.51%
  • 7JuRock screen

1 0.19%
  • Laminar Lip

10 1.93%
  • Gustaffson screens (S1&2)

2 0.39%
  • MadStad Engineering RoboBrackets

18 3.47%
  • Converted my S1 fairing to an S2 fairing

3 0.58%
  • OEM screen mod (cut, drilled, etc)

50 9.65%
  • Went naked…

51 9.85%
  • Other (please specify)

41 7.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FZ6 Windscreen Poll

MadStad screen and robo-brackets for me please. I have one on my 2009 FZ-6 S2 and it has answered my prayers. I have pics up here on the forum in regards to this. It is adjustable to your riding needs from allowing you to get a full blast of air on your noggin' to creating the "cone of silence" and literally allowing you to ride with the face shield up at highway speeds.

I know of a few others on this site that have the same experience. Check this screen out. It is probably the more expensive, but is also the most versatile.

2. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got my painted/cut windscreen today thanks to BH322893 installed 5 min out of the box

4. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    Missing The Fiz-Sometimes rjo3491's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently purchased a Cal-Sci screen and the fit was so bad it was not usable. Even if I could mount it, I was afraid it would damage the fairing due to the outward pressure it exerted. I think I'll try a Baily screen later this summer, but I'd recommend staying away from the Cal-Sci.

6. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Yamaha touring screen. I like it and after lowering my handle bar grips I am able to tuck behind it nicely. I have had thoughts of switching it back because it doesn't look as sporty but I like having it for function rather than looks.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
    (not my quote, but I still like it)

8. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I went for a ride after taking off my windscreen on my 06 (but leaving the fairing on). I an now more conflicted! I loved the air flow and lack of turbulence. Wind noise was much less and my helmet is much cooler since the vents actually flow air now! A lot more air hitting my shoulders and upper chest but not bad at all.
    But, the air flow directed every single bee, insect and little rock right to my neck and face. I one bee hit me in the eye when I had my visor up, luckily I had my glasses on! Another bee hit my neck, got stuck in my shirt and stung me when I stopped and took off my jacket!

My theory is that the windscreen directed the critter up and over while the fairing only aims them right at me. Maybe a cut down windscreen is the way to go?
    Mods: 15T front sprocket,Hyperpro progressive fork springs, 15W fork oil, Power Commander III, BT-021 tires, throttle rocker,FS6 frame sliders, Chase Harper saddle bags, Cortech Mini tank bag, Killernoodle's clutch slave lever,Hyperlights, cut down screen, HVMP bar ends,ATGATT.

10. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyrex View Post
    My theory is that the windscreen directed the critter up and over while the fairing only aims them right at me. Maybe a cut down windscreen is the way to go?
    First thing is you need to stop riding through beehives...

My experience mirrors yours exactly. I'm still going to convert to naked to save my hearing, and try to be macho with the wind and projectiles. Plus carry a squeegee and wipes with me.

The only thing I didn't try was cutting a vent in the apex of the cut-down stock screen. Maybe I'll try that as a last resort before taking off the fairing for good.

Lewd

12. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    wolfe1down (OP)
    Go hard or go home! FZ6 Windscreen Poll wolfe1down's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lewdfinger View Post
    ... The only thing I didn't try was cutting a vent in the apex of the cut-down stock screen. Maybe I'll try that as a last resort before taking off the fairing for good.
    Please post pics if you do. I'm postponing this purchase/mod (whichever way the poll points in the end) until after my upcoming move to Ontario. So far, the front runner seems to be the Puig Double Bubble screen, but I'm unsure as to whether this is an esthetics only upgrade, or if it helps with wind noise/turbulence...
    JP

Yamaha Lower Cowl Kit | Motovation Swingarm + Frame Sliders | SW Motech Barbacks | K&N Air Filter | Michelin Pilot® Road 2 Tires (Front & Rear) | All Balls Steering Stem Tapered Bearing & Seal Kit | TS Saddle | Givi E470 Topcase | Givi FZ351 Topcase Rack | bd43's Dual Headlight Mod | HVMP Bar Ends | Leo Vince Aluminum Exhaust | FAZR6 FE Kit | killernoodle Clutch Slave Lever | Givi PL351 Sidecase Racks | Givi e41 Sidecases | 2007 FZ6 Swingarm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lewdfinger View Post
    First thing is you need to stop riding through beehives...

My experience mirrors yours exactly. I'm still going to convert to naked to save my hearing, and try to be macho with the wind and projectiles. Plus carry a squeegee and wipes with me.

The only thing I didn't try was cutting a vent in the apex of the cut-down stock screen. Maybe I'll try that as a last resort before taking off the fairing for good.

Lewd

If anyone wants to try the mod that I did before going and cutting the stock screen, here is the link to the thread I started...It seems to have helped me some, I will have a more detailed result on Wednesday after I drive a good distance to work on the highway. I have not commuted with the mod yet, that is where I will be able to tell the difference pretty quickly.

lhttp://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-m...urbulence.html

15. Thanks wolfe1down thanked for this post
    wolfe1down (OP)
    Go hard or go home! FZ6 Windscreen Poll wolfe1down's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pulverizer View Post
    If anyone wants to try the mod that I did before going and cutting the stock screen, here is the link to the thread I started...It seems to have helped me some, I will have a more detailed result on Wednesday after I drive a good distance to work on the highway. I have not commuted with the mod yet, that is where I will be able to tell the difference pretty quickly.

lhttp://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-m...urbulence.html
    This looks like a good S2 mod. Looking for some ride report info from some of the S1 mod gang out there...
    JP

Yamaha Lower Cowl Kit | Motovation Swingarm + Frame Sliders | SW Motech Barbacks | K&N Air Filter | Michelin Pilot® Road 2 Tires (Front & Rear) | All Balls Steering Stem Tapered Bearing & Seal Kit | TS Saddle | Givi E470 Topcase | Givi FZ351 Topcase Rack | bd43's Dual Headlight Mod | HVMP Bar Ends | Leo Vince Aluminum Exhaust | FAZR6 FE Kit | killernoodle Clutch Slave Lever | Givi PL351 Sidecase Racks | Givi e41 Sidecases | 2007 FZ6 Swingarm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my puig double bubble... one of the first mods i did on the bike... and it helped extensively with wind buffetting on the helmet and relocated the wind stream over my shoulders... much improved over the stock screen for me... 5'10" tall...

18. Thanks ykbell09 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast