Header
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Home Gallery Forum Classified Ads Chat Links Reviews Memberships Games Site Info Shop

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > FZ6 Related Discussion > FZ6 Mods

FZ6 Mods Lights, decals, paint, plates and wheels....What do you got? Seen? Want?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Bike: Fast Ones!!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,877 Posts
Hellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox04V View Post
Interesting note that the FZ1 has a reduced power in 1st through 3rd. Does the FZ6 have the same thing? I'm still a little green at the FZ6 ECU. If this works out well this will be a hard choice.... Bi-Xenon Morimoto's, or this ECU reflash. Lol
What's the bi-xenon morimoto? I've not heard of that one.

What I do like about the unleashed flash is that if AF1 Racing is offering the service it must be good. Those guys are straight up and don't sell any BS. They are the most undealer, dealer I've been to.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

'13 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

'12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'88 Canadian Yamaha RZ350

'82 Yamaha XV920R

"If you're a rebel motorcycle 'gang,' try to at least go the speed limit you f*cking p*ssies"
Hellgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
737driver

Bike: 2007 FZ6
737driver is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: ECU Tuning Option - No Power Commander Required

I see they still recommend running a piggyback power commander, be interested to know if its worth the extra money for the flash over getting a dyno tune on a stand alone power commander.

Last edited by 737driver; 06-05-2011 at 11:42 AM.
737driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
gpostarmy

Bike: 2005 yamaha FZ6
gpostarmy is a splendid one to beholdgpostarmy is a splendid one to beholdgpostarmy is a splendid one to beholdgpostarmy is a splendid one to beholdgpostarmy is a splendid one to beholdgpostarmy is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I am interested, must subscribe, need to know more, want to know more. What about long term effects on the engine? It would be nice to find a way to keep the bike from boggin at the line from stand still without changing the sprockets.

Yamaha Lower Cowl Kit Carbon fiber / Watson flush mount turn signals / pod running lights with turn signals intigrated / CF shogun frame sliders / CF heel guard / carbon fiber frame caps / CF inlay/plug on swing arm / smoked LED brake light W/ integrated turn signals / cut down tire huger / custom yellow paint / Rizoma grips and bar ends / Pazzo levers / FZ1 handlebar / yellow reflective rim tape / gpostarmy's gel seat / OSOK setback plates.
gpostarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
LunchBox04V
That Subaru Guy

Bike: 2008 Yamaha FZ6
LunchBox04V is on a distinguished road

The bi-xenon Morimoto's are the HID retrofit kits from The Retrofit Source. I have been thinking about them for a while. Lol still no answer to the real question though. Is the FZ6 detuned if the lower gears like the FZ1? Thanks again. Lol
LunchBox04V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
WarriorDog

Bike: 2008 Suzuki B King
WarriorDog is on a distinguished road

Is this the same thing as the ECU Editor Program that can be used on Suzuki's bikes?

ecueditor.com - ultimate gsxr superbike ecu flash tuning software by petrik

It's free software. You buy the cable connector that goes between the bike and PC for around $30.00
WarriorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WarriorDog For This Useful Post:
QwickFliCk (06-07-2011)
Old 06-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #16
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Hellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, two totally different services.

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'82 Yamaha XV920R

"If you're a rebel motorcycle 'gang,' try to at least go the speed limit you f*cking p*ssies"
Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #17
krim

Bike: fz6 2009
krim is on a distinguished road

i can't wait for the results
krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #18
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Here's an update. This is a part of an email exchange between the AF1 guys and me this morning. I'm really looking forward to the outcome. My bike is number 550 btw.

"The guys in CA and Italy are still playing with the tune file for your ECU.....apparently you have a ECU version that is a very early one and needs a different communication process. They're excited to add this ECU version to their database.

Just giving you an update....just spent 20 mnutes on the phone with them....they said it will be MUCH better than the 2010 Euro tune you have....they said those 2010 EU ign maps could be better, and will be noticeably better on this ECU reflash."

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'82 Yamaha XV920R

Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #19
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737driver View Post
I see they still recommend running a piggyback power commander, be interested to know if its worth the extra money for the flash over getting a dyno tune on a stand alone power commander.
Here's all of the things the reflash can update. Much, much more than a Power Commander will every do.

Specifically with the FZ1 many riders have three different piggybacks; fuel, ignition, and fuel cut. But none of those mods address gears 1 to 3 begin goverened, this fixes all of those areas. A PC will fine tune the fuel delivery that much more.

ECU Modifications – (Optional per customer request and application)

* Remove Factory Timing Retard
* Remove Throttle Restrictions
* Increased Idle
* Increased Rev Limit
* Remove Speed Limiters (Gear Dependent)
* Reduce Excessive Engine Braking/Improved Deceleration
* Improved Throttle Control & Reaction
* Remove Injector Shut-Off on Deceleration (Bye bye FCE)
* Eliminate Factory “Error codes” (ex. exhaust valve, steering damper)
* Improved Fuel Maps
* Improved Ignition Maps
* Injector Phasing Adjustment
* Velocity Stack Switching Adjustment (Variable Stacks Only)
* Race Fuel Mapping Accommodations

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'82 Yamaha XV920R

Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #20
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Update: The ECU is in CA, they did some soldering to attach connectio ports to the ECU itself. They pulled the raw file from the ECU and sent that to the main shop in Italy. They are currently working on the new map set. Don't have an ETA as of yet. This is the very first time they worked on this generation of FZ1 ECU.

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'82 Yamaha XV920R

Last edited by Hellgate; 10-03-2011 at 08:49 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellgate For This Useful Post:
Circle (07-18-2011), Kaisersoze (07-13-2011)