Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The R6 Fork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The R6 Fork

cool, I'll get a R6 axle as the fork that I bidded doesn't comes with it.
    Lets say if we mount up a R6 fender, is there any problem?
    Last edited by y0s_bikey; 05-06-2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Current: Equipment Extreme axle sliders, Philips H4 plus 50% beam, Philips H7 Crystal Vision, BMC Air Filter, Leo Vince Tit, PC III, Scottoiler, MR Guage Voltmeter, GiproX Gear Indicator, Ermax Double Bubble Racing Screens, PowerBronze lowers, Shogun Frame Sliders with adaption plate, PowerBronze Headlight Protectors, RaceShield Full wrap, Spy two way alarm, Hepco & Beckers Journey topbox, Top Saddlery Seat, Stealth Supersprox

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic CCHOUSEKY's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I did. The forks I bought on eBay didn't come with the axle, so I had my dealer order one. I think it was like $17. Very inexpensive.

Here's the problem with the R6(S) fender, even when used with the R6(S) forks on a FZ6...wheel size. The R6 uses a 160-55-17 front tire...the FZ6 uses a 170-55-17 front tire. What's that mean? The FZ6 front tire is taller than the R6. Because the FZ6 tire is taller, it means you're decreasing the space between the fender and the tire and could potentially encounter some rubbing problems. I wouldn't recommend it.
    A wise man once said:

"Sometimes the gene pool needs chlorine, and sometimes the chlorine comes in the form of asphalt."

3. Likes upshiftoverdrive liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCHOUSEKY View Post
    That's what I did. The forks I bought on eBay didn't come with the axle, so I had my dealer order one. I think it was like $17. Very inexpensive.

Here's the problem with the R6(S) fender, even when used with the R6(S) forks on a FZ6...wheel size. The R6 uses a 160-55-17 front tire...the FZ6 uses a 170-55-17 front tire. What's that mean? The FZ6 front tire is taller than the R6. Because the FZ6 tire is taller, it means you're decreasing the space between the fender and the tire and could potentially encounter some rubbing problems. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Cool, Thanks for the information. In that case I'll just stick to the Fz6 fender. I was still thinking to change to the CF R6 fender as R6 parts locally they are easily available rather Fz6 parts.
    Current: Equipment Extreme axle sliders, Philips H4 plus 50% beam, Philips H7 Crystal Vision, BMC Air Filter, Leo Vince Tit, PC III, Scottoiler, MR Guage Voltmeter, GiproX Gear Indicator, Ermax Double Bubble Racing Screens, PowerBronze lowers, Shogun Frame Sliders with adaption plate, PowerBronze Headlight Protectors, RaceShield Full wrap, Spy two way alarm, Hepco & Beckers Journey topbox, Top Saddlery Seat, Stealth Supersprox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an R6 fender on mine and am actually going to pick up an 07+ FZ6 fender to replace it. Yes, the R6 fender is a lot easier to fit and it looks better than my 04-06 fender did, even matches my frame, but as mentioned it runs a LOT closer to the tire. Aside from the fact that R6 tires have a lower profile, their triple trees are also not as wide, so when you put the R6 fender on the FZ6 triple it stretches (and in turn lowers) even more. I elongated the bolt holes to let me move the fender up a little bit but even so there is only a couple mm gap between tire and fender. I can take a picture of it tomorrow if you want.
    Naked Blue 04 - R6 bits here and there, Carbon fiber this and that

6. Thanks y0s_bikey thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will be great! Bro. I liked to clarify another thing, say I'm getting the spacers from dako. I will be replacing the R6 collars with the spacers from dako right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCHOUSEKY View Post

That's a very good price! I check from yamaha genuine parts website, it actually cost $52.49. But locally I can get them at SGD$32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by y0s_bikey View Post
    That's a very good price! I check from yamaha genuine parts website, it actually cost $52.49. But locally I can get them at SGD$32.
    wow! you are going to get them? excellent! surely will feel great on the tracks.
    farewell.. my fz6. you have served me well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha can't wait to get my butt in the track real soon... its been ages since my last entry to track.. Have u received your rearset? After u have install do let me know ya! Let me have a look at the beauty! that will be coming soon after the remaining mods upcoming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go, R6 forks, R6 fender, FZ6 bike:

See how close it sits to the tire?

Naked Blue 04 - R6 bits here and there, Carbon fiber this and that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks damn close man... Think i'll just stick to the Fz6 fender. Thanks bro for the nice pic.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast