Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    darius (OP)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rider waiting for an accident

I had an encounter with a rider on what looked like an older Suzuki Bandit today.

Have you ever seen a rider just doing everything wrong?

This guy was riding in the far right of the lane, myopically riding half a car length behind the vehicles in front. Every time he got a clear space, he'd pin the throttle to ride the bumper of the next car.

I hope the guy gets a clue before he hurts himself. To top it off he had a large "SHOW YOUR T**S" decal across his helmet right under the visor. Geeze.

2. Likes Motogiro, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Motoup A rider waiting for an accident mxgolf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A rider waiting for an accident

Yes some people are idiots. No value for there own life. Sad because it will come back to bite him some day unless he grows up.
    Puig Dark Smoked Wind Shield - Yamaha Lower Cowling - Top Saddlery Seat - Spiegler Breaded Break Lines - PIAA Dual Sport Horns - K & N Air Filter - Motivation Sliders - FZ1 Handle Bars - Pazzo Shorty Levers - Fazr6 Fender Eliminator - BD43 Headlight Mod - 15 Tooth Front Sprocket - Ohlin Rear Shock & Front Springs - Leo Vince Titanium - Killer Noodle Clutch Mod - G2 Throttle Tamer - Throttle Meister - Healtech Gear Indicator & Speedo Healer - LED Turn Signals & Tail Light *****

4. Likes Motogiro, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of the scariest things that another motorcyclist (go fast) did to me was to pass me in the same lane.

I ride one side or the other depending (out of mid lane oil/crap). He was EASILY 40 MPH FASTER than me.

I never saw him coming, (dusk). Knock on wood I didn't change lane position.. SOB...

You'll read about your guy in the paper sooner or later Darius... Those are the guys that give all cyclists bad names...
    Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(open), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Garmin 590 GPS, Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

6. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    darius (OP)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    You'll read about your guy in the paper sooner or later Darius... Those are the guys that give all cyclists bad names...
    Yes, he doesn't help our image. He also had no gear other than helmet and gloves. Jeans, sneakers and hoody flapping about.

Following my training keeps me out of trouble on the road. While watching him I wondered whether this guy took any or just doesn't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    Yes, he doesn't help our image. He also had no gear other than helmet and gloves. Jeans, sneakers and hoody flapping about.
    Lol to be fair this is how I ride like 80% of the time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster31 View Post
    I'm the same, gear wise

Top of the line helmet, leather vented gloves, jeans, sneakers, If chilly/cold-a very HD leather jacket.

My vented, summer textile jacket "shrunk" over the last couple of years. No one down here
    carries good, summer ONLY jackets in stock. Ordered a couple on-line, couldn't find anything that fit correctly...
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-14-2017 at 03:37 AM.
    Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(open), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Garmin 590 GPS, Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds bad.

The only time I've had a scare with another biker is when I was on a three-lane low speed highway section about to change lanes to the right. I looked in my side mirror and checked the blind spot real quick before leaning in, like always, which is when I caught a glimpse of a maniac on a bike who jumped into that same lane, went passed me very fast and continued lane hopping onward. Every now and then checking the blind spot has saved me just like this situation and you're reminded it's a worthwhile habit!

11. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster31 View Post
    I feel quite vulnerable riding without full gear. Generally I don't get on the bike without head-to-toe gear.

13. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pujazuba View Post
    Sounds bad.

The only time I've had a scare with another biker is when I was on a three-lane low speed highway section about to change lanes to the right. I looked in my side mirror and checked the blind spot real quick before leaning in, like always, which is when I caught a glimpse of a maniac on a bike who jumped into that same lane, went passed me very fast and continued lane hopping onward. Every now and then checking the blind spot has saved me just like this situation and you're reminded it's a worthwhile habit!
    Yep, I'm the same, very conscious on what's going on around me, "have an out", etc.

But someone coming up that fast, un-less your looking in your mirror 98% at approx 40 MPH, you won't see him....
    Scott

It's all good! A rider waiting for an accident trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reminds me. Luck doesn't last a lifetime. Unless you die young. You can't control risk. But you CAN manage it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, Givi tank bag and topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Motodynamic tail light, Grip Puppies

16. Likes gnyce, Motogiro, ShoopCE liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast