2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Error 33 breaking my bike abroad- urgent help please

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    How's the crank look? That bearing doesn't look that bad to me...

@FinalImpact

Untill you check the clearances, you don't know. Looks like it's broken in. It does not look gone by any stretch if it is the worst looking.

I expected copper or chunks missing that looks it is now seated and and the uniformity is showing itself. Not a show stopper if the clearances are in spec.

No oil and plastigage it.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

2. Thanks bigborer thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Is that from the lower block half or upper?
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

4. Thanks bigborer thanked for this post
    bigborer (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is from the part that's one with the cylinders. I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the edges of the scraped area are showing a copper tint.
    Haven't yet had the time do any measurements.
    2004 FZ6 with R6 Fork and brakes, Leo Vince SBK Carbon Exhaust, Venhill SS Race brake lines

6. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigborer View Post
    That is from the part that's one with the cylinders. I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the edges of the scraped area are showing a copper tint.
    Haven't yet had the time do any measurements.

I see copper by the feed holes and that doesnt matter.
    I would think the bottom would look worse as its doing most of the work during the firing stroke.

One bearing of the four worn on the top could be an alignment issue. If it were worn on the forward side where the shells meet, the gears pushing each other away from each other could be a factor but I doubt it.

If it had good oil pressure I'd plastigage and move on if it meets specs.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

8. Likes Motogiro, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    bigborer (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I could do for the bike in the past month has been to buy a pack of MoS2 grease.

Hopefully I'll manage to complete all the measurements and place the order for the parts till mid December.
    2004 FZ6 with R6 Fork and brakes, Leo Vince SBK Carbon Exhaust, Venhill SS Race brake lines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516