Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: replaced the clutch cable!

Scott, I also have the cable lube tool and think it's worth its weight in gold!when you ride on salted roads all winter i can guarantee your going to need one!can't believe no one has thanked you yet!Have one on me. Rich

2. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat_drvr View Post
    Scott, I also have the cable lube tool and think it's worth its weight in gold!when you ride on salted roads all winter i can guarantee your going to need one!can't believe no one has thanked you yet!Have one on me. Rich
    I actually have two Rich. One is a very OLD Yamaha brand, single screw, the second, a couple years old double screw, lube tool...

Its funny as both work about the same, I really don't loose any more lube with the single screw vs the double screw (behave boys!!!)....
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    A paint mixing stick works good too for holding up the tank..

If you remove that plastic clutch cable retainer next to the air box, that clutch cable can be removed without touching the tank, air box etc... I've had mine disconnected for years, there's no place for that cable to go..

I suspect Yamaha put it there to make assembly easier at the factory.

Funny, I think you and I might have been on the same page regarding that clutch cable retainer business. I wound up leaving it disconnected because I didn't want to remove the airbox, etc., for necessary access to properly attach it around cable after my cable replacement. As you said, there's no place for the cable to go---retainer clip doesn't appear to be doing any necessary job as the cable routing is secure w/o it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
    Funny, I think you and I might have been on the same page regarding that clutch cable retainer business. I wound up leaving it disconnected because I didn't want to remove the airbox, etc., for necessary access to properly attach it around cable after my cable replacement. As you said, there's no place for the cable to go---retainer clip doesn't appear to be doing any necessary job as the cable routing is secure w/o it.
    I truly believe that retainer is there for the manufacturing process only.

Just to hold it in place when they either raise the engine, or the lower the frame to each other when initilly assembling. I cut it off from the outside, never pulled the air box (maybe for the BD 43 mod, don't remember). Still the original cables, plenty of adjustment left too! 18,000 miles
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12