62 35.03%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    dschult2 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you wave at Harley riders?

Just wondering who waves at Harley riders. I used to wave at every rider I saw but I noticed that most Harley riders don't wave back and the ones that do only give me a little wiggle of their fingers. Seems like they think they're better than people on a Jap bike. So now I will gladly wave at them but only if they wave at me first. Tired of gettin' snubed I guess. Funny thing is it's only just the Harley riders.
    Last edited by dschult2; 09-20-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Scorpion exhaust, Puig racing windscreen, OES frame sliders, fender eliminator, Motogiro duel headlight mod, front and rear LED turn signals,K&N air filter, KN clutch mod, The 2wheels 7-click adjustable levers, Spencer seat mod, FZ1 bar Gone, replaced with 2009 FZ1!

2. Thanks banjoboy thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Do you wave at Harley riders?

I only wave if they do it first. When I first started riding I waved at everyone, it didn't take long for me to realize that people on cruisers didn't really want to wave back.

Howie Mandel's evil twin Do you wave at Harley riders? Erci's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does it really matter if they *wave* back or not? Putting your hand out and towards the ground is a way of saying you recognize another rider. A fellow 2-wheel enthusiast. Don't even look at them to see if you get the *wave* back.. concentrate on the road.

I couldn't care less what sort of motorcycle the oncoming rider is on and if he waves back or not. I always put my hand out, if it's safe to do so.

P.S. there's no waving in Europe (unless things have changed in the last 10 years). Motorcyclist worry about riding, not collecting waves.

5. Thanks FIZZER6, 2006_FZ6, krid80, mnuttall87, Def, JTL, LFZ6 thanked for this post
    Fireball Do you wave at Harley riders? Water Bear's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorcycle riding is probably much more utilitarian in Europe, more like riding a car is to us. Perhaps there is a notion that if everyone has to use a similar kind of transport, then there's no implied similarity between the users. In the US, riding a motorcycle is much more a personal statement, something you can share even with d-bags on 2 ton cruisers.

I wave at everybody. You never know if they're gonna wave back, so just keep wavin'. There are lots of people that either don't see me wave or are too cool to wave back, I try not to let that stop me even if I do feel stupid when they don't respond.

Their cool facade doesn't trick other motorcycle riders. We're all just geeks on bikes doin what we love.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I try to wave at everyone screw em if they don't wave back. Sometimes even I missed a cruiser wave, probably the guy who started a poll on his cruiser website about waving at those punk assholes on jap bikes.

Now its those retards walking down the street that give me the wheelie wave or burnout wave that gets a giant.. Middle... Finger!!!!!
    On scene establishing Medical Command.

8. Thanks FIZZER6, 2006_FZ6, Water Bear thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    P.S. there's no waving in Europe (unless things have changed in the last 10 years). Motorcyclist worry about riding, not collecting waves.
    hmmm, we wave all the time.

10. Thanks Erci, CountryBoy thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wave most of the time to Harley riders if it's safe to do so. A simple drop of the hand off the bars and a quick open palm is all they get. If they don't wave back, who cares?

Harley riders do tend to follow the stereotype that they are the only real bikers and that makes them superior to every other rider on the roads. There are exceptions.
    Last edited by FIZZER6; 09-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    Put my bike out on the highway
    feel that wind all in my face
    breathe some air that tastes like freedom
    let that be my saving grace
    I believe it's time for me to ride...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I rode my dads Harley Heritage last week. It was loud and superbly comfy on the rear. But the interestingly, my back was sore after riding it. But what I'm getting as is his ape hangers didn't realy give me the comfort level to lift a finger.

Oh... But when I got back on my bike it felt like a BMX. That was nice. I waved at everyone, since I was having so much fun .

13. Thanks motojoe122, Hellgate, LFZ6 thanked for this post
    Junior Member Do you wave at Harley riders?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wave at everyone, even scooter riders! I'm with Erci, as long as it is safe and sometimes I don't bother to see if they wave back. If I can't wave, I'll nod in their direction. Lifes too short not to enjoy being out on two wheels, regardless of what you're riding! I don't care if they don't wave back. Their loss.

Most Harley riders around by me don't wave. Not even to each other. Other cruiser folks seem to get the idea and wave.

I know I miss some other riders waving too, but that's because I'm concentrating on staying alive with these cagers all around.

15. Thanks Erci, JKJ-FZ6, Azrael, Nelly thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wave at Hardly riders and they usually wave back but I'm usually ashamed of myself afterwards.
    Ride like you're invisible!

17. Thanks Motogiro, Bill, red06, Tailgate thanked for this post

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast