62 35.03%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Do you wave at Harley riders? Bill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Do you wave at Harley riders?

I bet only motorcycle riders have these discussions about waving. I own a VRod and on that forum it comes up every so often if they wave to "Jap" bikes even though it might be a BMW or a Ducati, it's all the same in some of their eyes... Don't think Jeep guys wave at the Hummer guys. Or the Camaro guys wave at the Mustang guys. Personally, I don't wave unless you on an FZ or VRod. I will not wave at the ditch pump riders.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Bill; 09-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Better to say nothing and make people wonder if your an idiot than to make a post and remove all doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wave to all riders if it is safe to do so. I used to feel annoyed when other riders did not wave back but have since toughened up a bit...lol. It's more of an acknowledgement of fellow riders for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I like to wave like a crazy person...granted when it's safe, but I wave at whatever bike. I don't even care if it has a motor. Cyclist seem to get a kick out of some asshat waving like a loon. I also like to wave at joggers...if they are milfs I'll do the old point and shoot LOL...this is the truth

4. Thanks Motogiro, motojoe122, Circle, Carlos840, Jacknife91 thanked for this post
    Vrrroooooom! Do you wave at Harley riders? Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Do you wave at Harley riders?

I wave at everybody. I don't need to be a motorcycle rider to form some identity that's lacking in me. I like who I am when I'm riding and when I'm just hangin out, looking at my belly button while contemplating the universe.

I was talking to a friend (a Harley rider) about this thread today and we both agree we just plain love riding.

I'll also flip you the bird just as fast! Lol!
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

6. Thanks Circle, sandctrev thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really great to hear that the wave is on! Especially by so many!

The nod is big down here. (I tend to save the wave for mates but I do wave fellow FZ6ers)

To pass the time colleagues and I who ride at work keep a little weekly tally. Extra points for police, scooters, cruisers and posties (got a nod from these chaps? Hard!) It's more for fun than anything serious, but I enjoy the positivity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by granda080 View Post
    I also like to wave at joggers...if they are milfs I'll do the old point and shoot LOL...this is the truth
    Bloody fantastic!

9. Thanks granda080, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wave at everyone. I see a lot of Harley riders that think they are too good to wave back, but I also see some that do wave. When I first started riding, I noticed a lot of Harley riders didn't wave back, so I stopped waving at them. Then one day, I met one and thought, "Oh, there's a Harley...I'm not even gonna bother waving." And then he waved at me as I passed by. I know a lot of people that ride Harleys and want to put down anyone that rides anything else. I also know people that ride Harleys just because that is what they like, and are not "bikers" and don't care what anyone else rides. I guess it is hit or miss, but I wave anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    P.S. there's no waving in Europe (unless things have changed in the last 10 years). Motorcyclist worry about riding, not collecting waves.
    You couldn't be further from the truth there, there is waving in most countries I have ridden in the UK, Bulgaria, Germany, Spain. The only 2 countries where the waving occurs only on the freeway is Italy and Greece mostly because there are hundres and thousands of motorcyclists in towns and cities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wave at them all the time. It's not there fault they can't wave back, they would lose control because of all the oil spraying all over the back tire.
    Goodridge steel brake cables. Puig double bubble windscreen, Scorpion slip on exhaust, fender eliminator kit, led turn signals, led integrated tail light, Cortech seat and saddle bags, 15 tooth sprocket, speedohealer, Michelin pilot sc2 tires.

13. Thanks Tailgate, Bill thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too funny.

Myself, I usually wait for them to initiate it unless they look "waveable." By far, it's the HD riders who are the ones who will blow off my wave and ignore me. They are a part of elite riders who don't need to acknowledge wannabees. It's laughable to me how anybody can get so wrapped up in self ego but Harley seems to attract its share of them.

15. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300, mave2911 thanked for this post

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast