FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

As the title implies, this is the thread to tell of the little things you did to your bike. It could include maintenance, OC, a little mod, or even a washing.

Enjoy and post away. . . .

Today I:
    Changed the oil and filter for the second time.
    Flushed the front and rear brake fluids. Note use a big syringe to suck the reservoirs dry before starting and it only takes about 15 minutes to do both ends.
    Lubed and adjusted the cables (excess freeplay in the throttle).
    Lubed the brake and clutch pivots.

OK all of that was Friday:
    Today I Cried when the city workers tared and graveled my street vs using reals asphalt so the 2 mile road needed to leave this place now has loose gravel everywhere.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

Well, YESTERDAY I gave my bike a full wash, tightened the chain, lubed the chain, took the windscreen off and pondered over how to change the angle (mind you its a Versys not a Fazer) couldn't figure out how to get the fittings to come out so i gave up and put it back on just the way it was lol.

Future posts (hopefully soon) will be putting a rear tire on, or having it done more likely. Nice idea for a thread btw!

P.S. i whole-heartedly agree with you on the "oil-and-tar" method towns use to skimp out on doing a good job, just to save some cash they will waste anyways on paying some schmuck to sit on a tractor and mow the side of the road twice a day.... oh quick story cuz' i feel it needs to be said

About a month ago i was cruising down a backroad about 3 miles from my house, just going for a little cruise, enjoying myself.... so i'm doing about 60, come up over a BLIND HILL and "HOLY SH!T" the road turns to that loose gravelly crap JUST on the top of the blind hill, quickly got on the back brake, clutch in (theres a stop sign at the bottom of said hill) got a little wobbly but the V handled it very nicely. Anyways it was a stupid spot to toss the gravel and oil down, and with no signs warning that it had been done! I swear towns being cheap is gonna put a biker in a hospital /endrant

3. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I unlocked my speedos extra capabilities mainly for the co adjustment and took c1 from -27 to 14 and c2 from -13 to 27 and wow what a difference the bike will actually yank the front tire up now

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    Ain't no grave that can hold me down!

89 KTM LC4- Flipped

05 KLR 650- sold

06 DL 650- Wrecked and left in about 1000 different pieces on I75

04 FZ6 Fighterd Out- DOA, resurrected, DOA, resurrected, DOA, Resurrected, DOA, resurrected, SOLDDDD

04 FZ1- Blew it the *****up! Rebuilt that biznitch!

5. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyFazer View Post
    Today I unlocked my speedos extra capabilities mainly for the co adjustment and took c1 from -27 to 14 and c2 from -13 to 27 and wow what a difference the bike will actually yank the front tire up now

Please excuse what might be a stupid question, but what are the items you changed?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The co adjustment (c1 and c2 banks)

Ain't no grave that can hold me down!

89 KTM LC4- Flipped

05 KLR 650- sold

06 DL 650- Wrecked and left in about 1000 different pieces on I75

04 FZ6 Fighterd Out- DOA, resurrected, DOA, resurrected, DOA, Resurrected, DOA, resurrected, SOLDDDD

04 FZ1- Blew it the *****up! Rebuilt that biznitch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I rode it

9. Thanks ChevyFazer, FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at pictures of my bike. My lips started to tremble, and a single tear rolled down my cheek; when I realized it has been 3 weeks since we last had intercourse.
    Come on Yamaha USA! I need my fan to get my baby back.

FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redballs View Post
    I looked at pictures of my bike. My lips started to tremble, and a single tear rolled down my cheek; when I realized it has been 3 weeks since we last had intercourse.
    Come on Yamaha USA! I need my fan to get my baby back.
    Maybe you and it should fly way north where a fan is not needed so much!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Hopped up on Mountain Dew ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~ Sawblade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left mine parked, alone, in the rain.
    "Forget the bleeding! Is the bike ok?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

300 mile ride through the mountains. First long ride with my new drag bars and shorty levers, both were great.
    2007 FZ6, Ultra-Fast Red, Two Bros Exhaust, Top Sellerie seat, K&N air filter, OEM Yamaha top case, Puig Light Smoke Touring screen, Highway Hawk drag bars, shorty levers, twin lights mod, frame sliders, LED signals, Gears Ultramax saddlebags, JR Manta tank bag

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast