Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive!

The account she wrote a year after everything was pretty hard to read. I have friends who slap on the helmet and think they are safe from all harm. Very glad the first time I jumped on my bike I had my new leather jacket, gloves, and helmet on. Even happier now that I have pants and boots. Very awesome to see that she still rides today also.

Member Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive! Stumbles06's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it Kenny.

Props to her for getting back on, and for going on to become a MSF Rider Coach.
    What better way to get through to new (and old) riders the benefits of ATGATT.

As Erci said, love the bike she has now... Pink R1, looks cool.

All The Gear All The Time... Only way to ride!!!

User ID# - 1886

Go hard or go home! Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive! wolfe1down's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I practice ATGATT every day. But it's still nice to have a reminder every now and then. Tasteful video, sending a powerful message.

Cheers!
    JP

Yamaha Lower Cowl Kit | Motovation Swingarm + Frame Sliders | SW Motech Barbacks | K&N Air Filter | Michelin Pilot® Road 2 Tires (Front & Rear) | All Balls Steering Stem Tapered Bearing & Seal Kit | TS Saddle | Givi E470 Topcase | Givi FZ351 Topcase Rack | bd43's Dual Headlight Mod | HVMP Bar Ends | Leo Vince Aluminum Exhaust | FAZR6 FE Kit | killernoodle Clutch Slave Lever | Givi PL351 Sidecase Racks | Givi e41 Sidecases | 2007 FZ6 Swingarm

Member Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive! Wolfman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Yep, ATTGATT all the way....bloody expensive, but worth it....i have spent $3500 on gear for me & the missus already this year....and it aint stopping, due for a new set of Sidi Vortice's right now....my Vertigo's which have saved my feet from complete destruction on 3 occasions now, have finally kicked the bucket!

Nice vid!

The bark is only half of the symphony, the induction roar is pretty darn sweet, as is the over-run...the induction noise is a bit of a roar, the over run is like a deep purring noise!

One thing this bike is, is musical!

VEGASRIDER (OP)
    100K Mile Member Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive! VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I invited her to join the forum, we will see if she does. I'm sure we would all like to hear from her own words about what her organization stands for, what she has learned, etc.
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

6. Thanks racebrooks, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Make no excuses! Rock The Gear or Skinned Alive! 08fz6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbles06 View Post
    Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it Kenny.

Props to her for getting back on, and for going on to become a MSF Rider Coach.
    What better way to get through to new (and old) riders the benefits of ATGATT.

As Erci said, love the bike she has now... Pink R1, looks cool.

pretty sure it is an R6 but still props!
    2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue
    Bi-Xenon HID Halo Projectors, Top Saddlery Seat, LED Pod Lights, Scorpion Carbon Fiber Exhaust, CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn, T-Rex Frame Sliders, LED Integrated Tail Light, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Rumble Concept Fender Eliminator, bd43's Headlight wire harness mod, Battery Tender, Blue LED's, Dunlop Road Smarts

RC Cars:
    RC10GT, Sportwerks Chaos, Duratrax Evader EXT

Daily Driver:
    2011 Ford Edge Limited Awd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not good material to post up on an HD forum thread here! On the other side of this issue are the ones who view the ATGATT crowd as panzies. I'm used to see HD riders around here often with sleeveless shirts, beanie helmets and near naked women on board. I get ribbed even for wearing a full face helmet.They want to be perceived as dangerous/reckless. It's part of the image, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120mph with a passenger on the hwy. gear or no gear that just stupid She is also on a stunting forum Am glad she is putting it out in a positive way, but sometimes you gey what you ask for. Its up to you to take control for yourself.
    [email protected] Air + Oil filter,M4 Carbon exhaust,AirBox mod,Satin Painted VS2 Headlight ,Painted radiator cap& guards, painted rear sets/ heel guards, ,painted pass pegs, Shogun frame sliders, Comp werks Fender elim with singnals, Watsen leds,Niko R6 pegs, Painted FZ1 bars, Driven superbike Grips,Pazzo shorty levers(blk), Cut rear hugger, Rim strips, Angel ST Tires, All Balls Bearings,SS Brake Lines, PCIII, Custom Fly screen, Motogyro's Streetfighter Relay(+1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been sliding on the road too at a speed of 70-80km/h. Had all my gear on=> No scratch. Real riders know what the consequences can be of a fall. Real riders are prepared. It's just common sense. And never I will take someone on the back of my bike without being able to offer that person proper riding gear. Period. I see people riding in T-shirts all day, it hurts me every time... Is it really that hard to understand that once you make speed, the road becomes a potential rasp?
    I really like what the lady is doing. She has learned a hard lesson, and now she wants to safe other from that same danger. I really appreciate her. That really makes her beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap. I wear all this stuff 100% of the time. I feel naked without it. I don't know why but the lack of riding pants never really bothers me.
    Must agree totally, I have been riding since 1975 and believe me I have had my fair share of spills, my wife and I ride all over Europe, and yes it sometimes does get uncomfortable in say south of France, Spain etc during summer, however, I have had my share of gravel rash to the body, geeze ....it hurts like hell, so yep wear the gear 100% of the time. Even if I'm nipping down to the shops. Best wishes all, keep it shiny side up from the Greenbunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Greenbunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Greenbunch

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast