57 4.61%
  • 6'5"

26 2.10%
  • 6'6"

9 0.73%
  • 6'7" and taller...

11 0.89%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SuperFlanker Moderator *****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?***** lonesoldier84's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: *****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*points (downwards) and laughs at Chemiker*

and McLovin you're not 350 feet tall. Bah!

RIP 58
    Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

2. Thanks CHEMIKER thanked for this post
    Vrrroooooom! *****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?***** Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you going to worry how you'll look when all people will notice is that stupid grin on your face. :BLAA:

I know lot's of tall people on the FZ6 and they look great!

We all have different inseams?
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

4. Thanks Surfcleanlines13 thanked for this post
    Surfcleanlines13 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried about it to much just wanted to check in with you guyz and thought the poll would be helpful for people in the future who come to the forum checking fit. Thanks EVERYONE for all the killer info! Have a great price on a 2008 and really think I am going to go for it after new years!

6. Thanks CHEMIKER thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcleanlines13 View Post
    Not worried about it to much just wanted to check in with you guyz and thought the poll would be helpful for people in the future who come to the forum checking fit. Thanks EVERYONE for all the killer info! Have a great price on a 2008 and really think I am going to go for it after new years!
    Better to lock in the deal now or you could be posting about the great '08 FZ6 you let get away. Thinking a deposit should hold it until after the holiday
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Current Mods: (in no particular order)
    Leo Vince aluminum
    Top Sellerie seat
    Morimoto V6.0 mini H1 HID Projectors
    15t front sprocket
    grip puppies
    Hyperlites
    Stebel nautilus horn
    Puig racing dark smoke wind screen
    Racetech led volt meter

SuperFlanker Moderator *****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?***** lonesoldier84's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Caring what you look like on a bike is the first step to not getting the most enjoyment out of it.

The only view that matters is the one from the c0ckpit, and all you can see there are handlebars, cluster and road. And pretty much all of the time you won't care about two of those things.

RIP 58

Surfcleanlines13 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, everyone is on me for looks and say they don't matter, yet several people that have commented have matching gear and stylistic non-necessary mods. Everyone cares what they look like to a certain extent and I am no different. All I am trying to do with this thread is get a wealth of rider height data and quantify it in the poll and you guys are helping a lot -thanks! I think this could also be useful for several other future fz6 riders who are checking fit. It is good to know that I will look fitting and not abnormal on the bike. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha, everyone is on me for looks and say they don't matter, yet several people that have commented have matching gear and stylistic non-necessary mods. Everyone cares what they look like to a certain extent and I am no different. All I am trying to do with this thread is get a wealth of rider height data and quantify it in the poll and you guys are helping a lot -thanks! I think this could also be useful for several other future fz6 riders who are checking fit. It is good to know that I will look fitting and not abnormal on the bike. Thanks again!
    Having matching gear doesn't impact your experience on the road.

Deciding to go for a bike which will give you less enjoyment because of looks will.

I'm 6'3" 240lbs and have been told I look a bit big on the bike. But I never hear them because I'm too busy revving the piss out of the engine trying to get a good launch.

RIP 58

Surfcleanlines13 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FB400 View Post
    Better to lock in the deal now or you could be posting about the great '08 FZ6 you let get away. Thinking a deposit should hold it until after the holiday
    No kidding!! After reading your post I called him and guaranteed purchase! Has taken it off the market and will deliver after new years. Stoked! Thanks for the advice

12. Thanks Taku, CHEMIKER thanked for this post
    Surfcleanlines13 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=lonesoldier84;371632]Having matching gear doesn't impact your experience on the road.

Deciding to go for a bike which will give you less enjoyment because of looks will.

Yes, choosing matching "cool looking gear" can impact your experience on the road if it is ill fitting. Just like a bike. But that is why you try stuff on and test it out before you buy. I have not had the privilege to test out the FZ6 long term. That is why I am asking the experienced owners who have for advice on this issue.

I have done my research and know this bike is what I am looking for from a mechanical point of view. Just doing my due diligence and making sure I won't regret any part of my purchase because of my size and shape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, choosing matching "cool looking gear" can impact your experience on the road if it is ill fitting. Just like a bike. But that is why you try stuff on and test it out before you buy. I have not had the privilege to test out the FZ6 long term. That is why I am asking the experienced owners who have for advice on this issue.

I have done my research and know this bike is what I am looking for from a mechanical point of view. Just doing my due diligence and making sure I won't regret any part of my purchase because of my size and shape.
    I have no issue with this. But you didn’t say that. You said:

I have not seen myself in the saddle. I am worried that I am going to make the bike look small.
    As for matching but ill-fitting gear, that is the same issue and I tell those people they are wrong too (assuming it is ill-fitting….which honestly matching gear usually isn’t since matching gear is usually more expensive and more expensive gear usually gives better stitching and fit…..but if someone bought a jacket because they thought it looked badass but it fit like crap and hindered movement….then yes, that guy is wrong and foolish).

Anyway, my point is just don’t worry what you look like. Usually the guy who looks the most retarded is having the most fun. That being said this is still a big enough bike from the looks side so it doesn’t look like you’re riding a pocket bike.

As for long term comfort and fit:

Because of the seating position the size of the bike is not really an issue. I have sat on Dirk(krid80’s bike)'s bike and he has a set of lowered footpegs. Those make a massive difference even though it is only an extra inch and half of space they provide. Handlebars you will want to get the FZ1 bars if you are into sportier riding or the taller/wider options if you are more into the touring side. Both options make for an easier time on your wrists than the crappy stock bars. They are crappy because they have a wicked bend in them and make you bend your arms inwards at the forearm if you have longer arms like you probably do (you frakking ape) haha.

Now, with that aside, living with the bike long term:

Round town: For trips around town, even end to end if you live in a big city, you will have no issues with comfort. The stock seat is rubbish but that affects everyone regardless of size. Get the Top Saddlery upgrade if it is an issue.

Long haul: Here is where the size becomes noticeable. But really, the only way around this is to get a completely different category of bike. As it stands, being a tall rider on a 600cc sport-touring machine you will be able to ride 10 hour days. You will be able to ride full tanks of gas. But you will need to stretch when changing gas (as you would on any bike).

Now, I have worse knees than the next guy and my legs cramp up a bit. So on my 10 hour days and 2-3 hours between tanks of gas, I need to stand on the pegs for 5-6 minutes every 100km or so. Doing so, I can ride indefinitely all day long for a week. Size is not really an issue. Besides, it’s fun barreling down the highway with your head a few inches ahead of your bike. Makes you feel like you’re flyyyyyyyying!! *flap flap goes the birdy* Oh crap! Don’t let go of the handlebars when doing this!! :P

RIP 58

15. Thanks Surfcleanlines13 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast