Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: 50,000 Miles Club

The circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,901.55 miles.
    Congrats on your second lap around the world

2. Likes Water Bear liked this post
    Former '04 FZ6 Rider DefyInertia's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASRIDER View Post
    Yes, on the way up north after crossing the Golden Gate, I took Highway 1 down to Stinson Beach and up the coast. That road was awesome.

Heading up the 101 I also came across a lot of roads with signs posted that vehicles over 35ft are prohibited or not advised. Talk about an invitation for bikes.
    How far noth did you take 1 before cutting over to the 101?

It takes me about 30 minutes to get to Stinson Beach from my driveway (on a bike). Sometimes when I'm extremely busy with work and can only fit in a 2 to 3 hour ride on the weekend, I'll take a blast up to Olema, CA and back via the 1. Makes for about an 80 miles blast that leaves me feeling much better.

The best roads are quite a bit farther north.
    A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

My YouTube Videos My Rider Resume

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on reaching the 50,000 mile mark! I truly am impressed, as my '06 has just under 9,000 miles on it....

Rob

Motoup 50,000 Miles Club mxgolf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Kenny. Wow 50000 miles, my but hurts. And you don't even have a good seat. I hated the Yamaha comfort seat that you have. Must be nice to be able to ride year round. Not here in Oregon.
    Puig Dark Smoked Wind Shield - Yamaha Lower Cowling - Top Saddlery Seat - Spiegler Breaded Break Lines - PIAA Dual Sport Horns - K & N Air Filter - Motivation Sliders - FZ1 Handle Bars - Pazzo Shorty Levers - Fazr6 Fender Eliminator - BD43 Headlight Mod - 15 Tooth Front Sprocket - Ohlin Rear Shock & Front Springs - Leo Vince Titanium - Killer Noodle Clutch Mod - G2 Throttle Tamer - Throttle Meister - Healtech Gear Indicator & Speedo Healer - LED Turn Signals & Tail Light *****

journeyman of epic status 50,000 Miles Club krid80's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    The circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,901.55 miles.
    Congrats on your second lap around the world
    cool! I'm 10% into lap 2! LOL
    2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 91.75RWHP in Pewter Denim
    FMF Full Titanium Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner
    H-D Drag Handlebars, H-D black LED Daymaker Headlight, H-D Smoked Turn Signal lenses, R&G Racing LED Tail light and Tail Tidy,
    Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Spring, H-D rear seat cowl, belt guards removed, passenger pegs removed
    2006 FZ6 96 RWHP - SOLD!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you use your bike as your only ride, and ride every single day. Sometimes it's tough to find an excuse to go ride. That's why I too rarely go to Red Rocks, or the lake. Maybe once a year.

But major road trips are fun! Meeting other forum members and riding with them is even better. I've met over 30 members, all have been great.

My last major road trip, I never met Dirk, Lone or John from Ventura. But it's like we have know each other for decades. Was such a blast.

Why don't you tag along to one of these Southern California rides? Lots of fun. California has the best roads.

And another thing I like about California. The majority of the Cagers have the common sense and awareness to acknowledge the motorcyclist. Either by lane splitting or yielding to the bikes by pulling off on a turn out to let us by. Not everyone, but certainly most and definatley more than you would find in any other state IMO. For the most part, California Cagers
    My schedule just doesn't permit it. I play roller hockey on my only two nights off. I -need- my roller hockey. The big coast trip you guys pulled off though... I saw it on the forums about two weeks to late. I was already planning on something similar for next year... I had a week vacation to use, but that week was already taken by the time I saw the forum post. :/ Just very bad timing.

VEGASRIDER (OP)
    100K Mile Member 50,000 Miles Club VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alterin View Post
    My schedule just doesn't permit it. I play roller hockey on my only two nights off. I -need- my roller hockey. The big coast trip you guys pulled off though... I saw it on the forums about two weeks to late. I was already planning on something similar for next year... I had a week vacation to use, but that week was already taken by the time I saw the forum post. :/ Just very bad timing.
    Shoot, I should have recruited you. But you don't post too often so you were kind of out of sight, out of mind. Maybe next year. I know you're bike is set up to go the distance. Now at least I'll remember to at least PM you.
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
    Vegas, you should try and come up here and do a NorCal tour with me some time. The roads up here are the best I've been on.
    Don't forget me---Tailgate

journeyman of epic status 50,000 Miles Club krid80's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
    Don't forget me---Tailgate
    Dude, you are always out of the country! I was right through there, but nooooooooo. You had to go to France!
    2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 91.75RWHP in Pewter Denim
    FMF Full Titanium Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner
    H-D Drag Handlebars, H-D black LED Daymaker Headlight, H-D Smoked Turn Signal lenses, R&G Racing LED Tail light and Tail Tidy,
    Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Spring, H-D rear seat cowl, belt guards removed, passenger pegs removed
    2006 FZ6 96 RWHP - SOLD!!!!

11. Thanks Tailgate thanked for this post
    Quis, mihi fatigo? 50,000 Miles Club Lefty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After 1228 days coming off the showroom floor, brand spanking new.

Out of 13,000 forum members, I'm not sure how many of have reached this milestone. Off the top of my head, only three. Gosling (where are you)? Cali Rider and Calidin. If I missed anyone, post up! Okay, make it four! Dunno!

This picture was take on the 20th of August 2010 when I was in LA for the big Pow Wow between the Northern and Southern California members

Bike is a 2006, but purchased brand new on April 10 2007. That's an average of 41 miles or 66 km a day
    Kenny,
    I suppose that's when you gave the motor a good revving up in Idyllwild last Saturday in celebration. :BLAA:
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
    ― Mae West

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast