Header
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Home Gallery Forum Classified Ads Chat Links Reviews Memberships Games Site Info Shop

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > General Motorcycle Forums > The Bar

The Bar Pull up a stool. This is an open forum where you can discuss whatever you wish.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Messy

Bike: 1988 FZ600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wingnuts: Why Goldwing owners SUCK!

Lazyboy. Thats what I call gigantic cruisers with 2 tons of chrome, those gynecologist footrests, suitcase sized saddlebags, AC, cd player...you get the picture.

Anyways, today as I drove my car home from work(a bright green convertible blaring heavy metal) I come up to an intersection that I frequent in my hometown. Im on the main road and to my right is a some what rundown shopping center. Also to my right are three bikers in the exiting lane waiting to pull right onto the main road.

The leader of the pack is a small framed man in his 40's with with a baby blue polo shirt, khaki shorts, and what I can only assume are penny loafers. Attached to his shiny new 3/4 helmet is a helicopter pilot styled headset. He was sitting atop of a brand new Honda Goldwing with all the spaceship-esque styling and big rig chrome you would expect from such a bike.

I should have known to prepare for stupidity to follow after seeing the leader of this pack's feet scuffing frantically against the pavement as he struggled to stop his own bike. After seeing the fear in his eyes I dared not look away.

With him was a woman, and in the back of the pack was an obese man in similar atire. All of them on brand new Goldwings. The leader and the woman behind him pull out of the shopping center and head on there merry way.

Just then the light turns green and I start to drive keeping my eyes on the fatman and his two wheeled RV. Without even glancing my way he pulls right out in front of me not noticing my crayola green convertible with the top down blaring Avenged Sevenfold. He heard my horn though and he spaztically jerked the bike to the right almost running onto the slightly elevated sidewalk and into pedestrians.

These are no doubt the same oblivious snobby and soft cagers that pull out in front of me in their Lexus' and BMW's when I'm riding without care or consequence. WINGNUTS AND LAZYBOYS MAKE ME SICK! Thanks for reading, I feel better. Cheers
Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Messy For This Useful Post:
mlevins77 (06-22-2009)
Old 06-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
FZ6biker

Bike: Blue 04' Yamaha FZ6-S aka Optimus
FZ6biker will become famous soon enough
Re: Wingnuts: Why Goldwing owners SUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messy View Post
Lazyboy. Thats what I call gigantic cruisers with 2 tons of chrome, those gynecologist footrests, suitcase sized saddlebags, AC, cd player...you get the picture.

Anyways, today as I drove my car home from work(a bright green convertible blaring heavy metal) I come up to an intersection that I frequent in my hometown. Im on the main road and to my right is a some what rundown shopping center. Also to my right are three bikers in the exiting lane waiting to pull right onto the main road.

The leader of the pack is a small framed man in his 40's with with a baby blue polo shirt, khaki shorts, and what I can only assume are penny loafers. Attached to his shiny new 3/4 helmet is a helicopter pilot styled headset. He was sitting atop of a brand new Honda Goldwing with all the spaceship-esque styling and big rig chrome you would expect from such a bike.

I should have known to prepare for stupidity to follow after seeing the leader of this pack's feet scuffing frantically against the pavement as he struggled to stop his own bike. After seeing the fear in his eyes I dared not look away.

With him was a woman, and in the back of the pack was an obese man in similar atire. All of them on brand new Goldwings. The leader and the woman behind him pull out of the shopping center and head on there merry way.

Just then the light turns green and I start to drive keeping my eyes on the fatman and his two wheeled RV. Without even glancing my way he pulls right out in front of me not noticing my crayola green convertible with the top down blaring Avenged Sevenfold. He heard my horn though and he spaztically jerked the bike to the right almost running onto the slightly elevated sidewalk and into pedestrians.

These are no doubt the same oblivious snobby and soft cagers that pull out in front of me in their Lexus' and BMW's when I'm riding without care or consequence. WINGNUTS AND LAZYBOYS MAKE ME SICK! Thanks for reading, I feel better. Cheers

Lmao that sure was some good venting

2004 FZ6-S (blue)

"It's not a mode of transport, its not a hobby, its not even a midlife crisis ,its just an ADDICTION !!!"

An addiction I hope there's no cure for
FZ6biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
oldfast007
Thread Killer

Bike: Fastest Red 06'
Thanked 1,262 Times in 505 Posts
oldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to beholdoldfast007 is a splendid one to behold

Now that, ladies and gentleman, is the way to b*tch
Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
awesoms

Bike: 2004 Yamaha FZ6
awesoms is on a distinguished road

Actually my Dad(who rides a wing) is an everyday workaholic that rides whenever he gets the chance. I understand the frustration....but lets not sterotype here.

btw -I actually had a chance to ride one last weekend for a friend who bought one in Aztec, NM, but needed someone to pick it up for him. Not everday you see a 132 lb 23 yr old piloting one of these. And yes, reverse is a good thing :-)
awesoms is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to awesoms For This Useful Post:
bmccrary (06-22-2009)
Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
jmerch44

Bike: '07 Pull me over red FZ6
jmerch44 has a spectacular aura aboutjmerch44 has a spectacular aura aboutjmerch44 has a spectacular aura about

NO, lets stereotype. I vented on my thread about digitally punching people in the face, and my post got deleted. If you can keep your venting on this site and voice your opinion without it being removed, go for it. screw goldwingers
Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Bruce McCrary
RDY2GO!

Bike: '02 Cannondale E440R, '03 Cannondale X440R, '07 Yamaha FJR 1300A
Bruce McCrary has a spectacular aura aboutBruce McCrary has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, it's sooo easy to be jealous of such a fine work of engineering genius and luxury that with the right rider aboard can smoke a sport bike in the twisties...

Yes, that scraping sound you hear are the boards dragging.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce McCrary; 06-20-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Bruce McCrary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bruce McCrary For This Useful Post:
08fz6 (06-22-2009), Admin (06-21-2009), agmom98 (06-23-2009), bmccrary (06-22-2009), Hellgate (06-22-2009), Humperdinkel (06-21-2009), mlevins77 (06-22-2009), Ozfazer6 (06-21-2009), Wolfman (06-22-2009)
Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Botch
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!

Bike: FZ-6, 2007 Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 4,365 Times in 1,279 Posts
Botch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly, I also had a bike run a stop sign and pull out right in front of me today. Wasn't a Goldwing, but some naked sporty bike, the pilot had long flowing blond hair and (once she passed me) a really, really nice tuckus. Couldn't get her to stop and talk, though...
The Toecutter (06-21-2009)
Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Botch
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!

Bike: FZ-6, 2007 Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 4,365 Times in 1,279 Posts
Botch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce McCrary View Post
Yeah, it's sooo easy to be jealous of such a fine work of engineering genius and luxury that with the right rider aboard can smoke a sport bike in the twisties...

YouTube - deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail

Bruce
But the boards of the video bike, not the Goldwing, right? Damn.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
Bruce McCrary
RDY2GO!

Bike: '02 Cannondale E440R, '03 Cannondale X440R, '07 Yamaha FJR 1300A
Bruce McCrary has a spectacular aura aboutBruce McCrary has a spectacular aura about

The video bike is another GL1800...

Bruce
Bruce McCrary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce McCrary For This Useful Post:
Botch (06-20-2009)
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Steph
Bartender

Bike: 2005 FZ6!!!!
Thanked 1,257 Times in 618 Posts
Steph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant futureSteph has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce McCrary View Post

Bruce
Holy Cow! Thats insane! I had no idea they could go like that!

~
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.~
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote