Header
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Home Gallery Forum Classified Ads Chat Links Reviews Memberships Games Site Info Shop

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > General Motorcycle Forums > The Bar

The Bar Pull up a stool. This is an open forum where you can discuss whatever you wish.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #31
tuningfork

Bike: 2008 FZ6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tuningfork will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Wingnuts: Why Goldwing owners SUCK!

The Honda segment of "Twist The Throttle" has a nice piece on the Goldwing, design, engineering, manufacturing, history etc. I must say I have a new appreciation for this machine now. Complexity rivals/exceeds an automobile.

If it helps any, the first Goldwing was designed as a "muscle" bike.
tuningfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #32
Messy

Bike: 1988 FZ600
Messy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
I'll have to jump in too

I AM jealous over those pot bellied brainless twerps who are able to insult those magnificent machines every time they climb IN.

Here it's the BMW's, Harleys, and to some extent Goldwings. You wanna have a toy that costs more than my annual salary, kewl. You want to delude yourself into thinking you're a biker, kewl. You want us all to think you're kewl, while we know you're a douche? Kewl.

But get out of my WAY g*ddamit ... they are ALL over the road, big as a bus, and the brains of a bus driver. Let me take your bike out of it's misery, i'll look after it, and ride it, a lot. Please?
Thank you! All exept for owning a Goldwing....or a Harley...but f**k yeah I'll take a BMW.
Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #33
dako81
FZ Rider

Bike: Red '07 FZ-6
dako81 will become famous soon enoughdako81 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I know cool people that ride all kinds of bikes. A squid is a squid and a noob is a noob and a jerk is a jerk.

2007 Red FZ-6 - Scorpion Stainless Steel cat back, FAZR6 FE Kit, Member #15

Planned mods: coming soon...

My Rider Resume
dako81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dako81 For This Useful Post:
bmccrary (06-23-2009), Hellgate (06-22-2009), Ozfazer6 (06-22-2009), rbesr (06-22-2009)
Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #34
Hellgate
Moto Demi-God

Bike: Fast Ones!!!
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,877 Posts
Hellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond reputeHellgate has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom5796 View Post
Now that was freakin' COOL! Where was this vid last year when I was arguing with a now banned member that you could hang off of ANY bike. Classic!

I bet the rider was whipped after a day on the track on that thing.

'13 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

'12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

'05 Yamaha R6 Track Bike

'88 Canadian Yamaha RZ350

'82 Yamaha XV920R

"If you're a rebel motorcycle 'gang,' try to at least go the speed limit you f*cking p*ssies"
Hellgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #35
DaveOTZ

Bike: 04 FZ6 SILVER... 08 SYM HD 200 Rumply Blue
DaveOTZ will become famous soon enoughDaveOTZ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to DaveOTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botch View Post
really, really nice tuckus.
Tuchas!!! Tuchas!!!

It's from the back of the throat drink straight lemon juice... little bit of milk... That noise you got it!!! You master that and you can run Hollywood my friends
DaveOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #36
Botch
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!

Bike: FZ-6, 2007 Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 4,326 Times in 1,273 Posts
Botch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond reputeBotch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOTZ View Post
Tuchas!!! Tuchas!!!

It's from the back of the throat drink straight lemon juice... little bit of milk... That noise you got it!!! You master that and you can run Hollywood my friends
I'm a speller, not a talker! Damn New Yorkers!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #37
dean2287
Easy Rider

Bike: 2007 Candy Red FZ6
dean2287 has a spectacular aura aboutdean2287 has a spectacular aura aboutdean2287 has a spectacular aura about

...I should have added that to me, a bike's a bike. They're all cool in their own way, and to each their own. But they are NOT toys, they are vehicles of the road, and any rider worthy of one should take the time to learn to ride the d@mned thing right. That doesn't mean taking the $30,000 annual bonus and running out to buy a Honda Goldwing just to show up someone's buds. Anyone I know who takes in seriously learns to ride on an appropriate starter bike, takes the time to get comfortable and aware, ATGATT etc., and moves up from there. Sure, we all want to be cool and have something to be proud of, but we all know the risks and responsibilities involved.

Many Goldwing owners do not suck and have earned their ride, and are some of the coolest guys on the road. I could see myself touring in style on one of those birds some day. It's the clowns that want to buy an attitude that run me down.
2007 FZ6, Ultra-Fast Red, Two Bros Exhaust, Top Sellerie seat, K&N air filter, OEM Yamaha top case, Puig Light Smoke Touring screen, Highway Hawk drag bars, shorty levers, twin lights mod, frame sliders, LED signals, Gears Ultramax saddlebags, JR Manta tank bag
dean2287 is offline   Reply With Quote